You just purchased a beautifully and unique wood bowl. But, now that you have a wood bowl, you may have some questions about it. We are here to help keep your gorgeous wood bowl looking like the day you brought it home. Here are some suggestions and answers to some common questions about wood bowls.
- Functional – Wood bowls aren’t just beautiful to look at, but functional, too. You can toss a fresh salad or serve late night popcorn in a wood bowl. Wood bowls are 100% safe for food use. If you don’t want to use your wood bowl for food, we can make decorative wood bowls as well.
- Cleaning – Wood bowls are best cleaned with soap and water and then towel dried. Washing wood bowls in the dishwasher or soaking them in water is not recommended. We also recommend oiling your wood bowls often.
- Uses – Wood bowls can be used for more than just salads. They can be used to serve anything from soups, dips, nuts, yogurt or chili. Our wood bowls will make your table setting beautiful and elegant.
- Rancid bowls – Some are concerned that their wood bowls will go rancid. This should not be a concern if you use your wood bowl often and properly clean and oil it after each use.
- Darken with age – Yes, wood bowls darken with age. Different woods darken at different rates.
Here at WKS Wood Design, we are excited for each and every project, from the smallest wood bowls to the largest wood tables. Come by our shop to see our selection of wood bowls.